As Contract Logistics, General Manager, you will lead the operation team and work with both customers and suppliers to maintain the high standard service of LOGIVAN. To excel in the role, you will have to have excellent analytical thinking as well as strong people and negotiation skills. The successful candidate will also have specialist knowledge in the fields of domestic trucking, container transportation and transportation pricing. You can expect the role to include:
- Make a clear roadmap for each new service launch
- Set a realistic budget for each project
- Join in site visits to build relationships and identify operational risks
- Develop a schedule for project completion & launch that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team regularly to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Manage excursions and any unforeseen situations of the projects and take appropriate actions to ensure minimum impact on schedule, quality, and cost targets
Key Account Management
- Manage key accounts with a focus on building lasting relationships and increasing profitability/revenue.
- Maintain good relationships with the customer, continuously engage our clients and listen to their feedback.
- Conduct client meetings as necessary to build the relationship.
- Analyze the client's demand, understand the client's need, deal with claims, and issues from the client to deliver proper service to adapt to the client's requirements.
- Ensure that LOGIVAN meets all operational KPIs from our clients
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of transportation pricing and use this to work effectively with transportation partners
- Classify and standardize vendors’ capabilities building a clear database on LOGIVAN’s system
- Uphold a culture of clear and accurate communication within the team
- Identify the most suitable suppliers for each project
- Conduct in-the-field surveys to keep a sharp knowledge of the market situation
- Lead training sessions for drivers/suppliers as needed
- Prepare & lead supplier negotiations
- Identify and categorize best-in-class local suppliers.
- Managing profit and profit margin by buying at the target price
- Proactively identifying and solving problems before they impact upon service level or P&L
- Ensuring effective implementation of Procurement contracts, make sure the contract pricing is in line with our purchasing policy
- Set a regular programme of supplier reviews and meetings
Analysis & Management
- Implementing a supplier scoring system to quantify performance level
- Collaborating with the Data Science, Technology, and BI teams to improve our technology products
- Leading training sessions to share your knowledge with other team members
- Upholding a culture of high-performance at LOGIVAN
- Creating a transparent and motivated working environment among the team
The skills & experience you’ll need:
- 10+ years experience in logistics, transportation
- The specialist knowledge of domestic trucking, container transportation and transportation pricing
- Excellent people skills and negotiation skills
- Strong leader, with a clear sense of direction and goal prioritization
- English & Vietnamese language proficiency to a professional standard
- Ability to proactively solve issues quickly
- A high standard of professionalism and ethical business practices